Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Business Development Coordinator
Corporate Knights seeks a full-time Business Development Coordinator to help the magazine grow revenue across print and digital platforms (this includes but is not limited to: ads, sponsored content, sponsorships). Corporate Knights is the foremost magazine for clean capitalism and our clients and partners are from government agencies, corporations, NGOs and start-ups across industries and geographies who focus on sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) communications with their stakeholders as they align with Corporate Knights’ audience. We define clean capitalism as an economic system in which prices incorporate economic, social and ecological benefits and costs, and actors know the full impacts of their actions in the marketplace.
- Research prospects to develop new relationships. Outreach to prospect and clients, including needs assessment, pitching, and consultative selling. Set up meetings and phone calls, and follow up appropriately to move the sales process forward. Close contracts with new clients to meet short-term and long-term targets.
- Compile contacts for major projects (rankings, etc)
- Maintain and contribute Salesforce database with information related to client’s work and needs, contact information, histories and contracts.
- Write customized proposals for prospects and clients.
- Communicate with colleagues regularly about client activity, status and needs.
The Business Development Coordinator may be asked to assist in these areas:
- Online ad trafficking (Double-Click for Publishers)
- Events (may include organizing and setting up events, and/or recruiting appropriate people to attend)
- Write or edit marketing communications (ie. Media Kit, mass emails etc)
- Sales related to other business units. Ie. sustainability performance benchmarking reports
- Other duties as required
- Some experience in sales, B2B preferred. Interest and aptitude for selling is required
- University degree or College diploma required. If you are graduating this year and can work around your schedule, we welcome your application as well.
- Strong communication skills are a must (writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience in publishing, advertising and/or sustainability is an asset
- Competence with Excel
- Experience with CRMs, especially Salesforce, is helpful
- Ability to produce results in an entrepreneurial environment, while working well with a small team.
This is a full time position in our downtown Toronto office with a $35,000 salary plus $5,000 bonus after 12 months. After 3 months, employee is eligible for full benefits plus profit sharing. To apply, please submit a resume. If possible, please include a cover letter Your cover letter should expand on your candidacy beyond your resume and convey your writing ability. We hope to hire someone as soon as possible and are interviewing immediately.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/15619?s=bc