Required Education Level:
Job Title: Manager of Public Information Campaigns
About Gary Community Investments:
Gary Community Investments, which includes The Piton Foundation, invests in for-profit and philanthropic solutions for Colorado’s low-income children and their families. We believe that business and philanthropy can—and should—work together to create opportunities for those who need it most. Gary Community Investments (GCI) is committed to investing in quality early childhood and youth development systems, expanding sustainable economic opportunities, and developing and supporting programs that create healthy family and community environments.
By aligning all of our assets with our mission, we make creative investments that not only yield a financial return, but can also improve the lives of Colorado’s children.
The Manager of Public Information Campaigns develops and implements public information campaigns and executes marketing and public relation strategies to maximize access by lower income families to targeted benefits and programs designed to help them meet their basic needs, including sufficient income, access to health care, healthy food and a quality education for their children. The Manager will oversee The Piton Foundation’s Tax Credits for Working Families Public Information Campaigns, which educates Colorado families about their potential eligibility for the federal and state Earned Income Tax Credit. In addition, the Manager provides marketing and public relations support to the Tax Help Colorado program.
The Piton Foundation’s Earned Income Tax Credit public information campaign is one of the nation’s largest and longest-running, and the Manager will have frequent (external) communications with hundreds of nonprofit, government, community and business partners helping with campaign outreach, the media, public officials, and creative vendors like graphic designers, media buyers and printers. The Manager will directly supervise the Campaign Associate and provide support for other communications activities as assigned.
This position reports to the Vice President, Communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day operations of public information campaigns, including budget, work plan and oversight of support staff.
• Develop and cultivate partnerships with community, nonprofit, government and business organizations to enhance reach and impact of public information campaigns.
• Manage consultants and vendors, including graphic designers, media buyers and printers.
Marketing & Public Relations
• Create messaging and develop outreach materials for public information campaigns, including fliers, brochures, posters, paid advertisements, digital copy, direct marketing, final reports, and website content.
• Actively engage, cultivate and manage media to ensure coverage for Piton’s public information campaigns and Tax Help Colorado program.
• Manage paid advertising production and placement for public information campaigns, including television, print, radio and online.
• Manage Tax Help Colorado social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
• Plan and execute special events related to campaigns and Tax Help Colorado.
• Track and evaluate public information campaign effectiveness, including creating and distributing final campaign reports.
• Write stories and articles on campaigns and Tax Help Colorado to demonstrate impact of work.
• Make campaign presentations to targeted audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
• 5 years paid experience in community outreach, public relations, communications, and/or marketing.
• Demonstrated success implementing public information campaigns and/or community outreach strategies.
• Proven writing, editing, and production skills and experience working with graphic designers.
• Experience securing earned media coverage across Colorado.
• Media buying experience preferred.
• Experience developing and implementing social media strategies.
• Strong public speaking/presentation skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
• Experience directly managing and cultivating the talents of support staff