Job Title: Human Resources Manager & Admin Team Leader
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER & ADMIN TEAM LEADER
Since 2002, PV Squared has provided custom solar energy solutions to businesses and homeowners in the Pioneer Valley and surrounding regions. We are driven by a commitment to building a healthier environment, strengthening the communities we serve, and demonstrating the value of worker-owned cooperatives as a generative business model. We see our employees as our most valued asset and we believe our greatest impact can be achieved collectively.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources Manager and Administrative Team Leader is responsible for overseeing and managing all facets of HR at PV Squared and is also responsible for direct management of the Administrative Team. This role is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal employment laws and benefits administration. This position will work closely with the General Manager and Team Leaders to manage strategic Human Resources and measure performance of strategic initiatives. The Administrative Team Leader should be generally familiar with corporate accounting systems.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Human Resources Management
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations and company policies in the areas of FMLA/medical leaves, labor/employment, safety & training, payroll & benefits and employee record retention
- Develop and manage annual HR and training budget; perform periodic cost and productivity analyses
- Ensure that safety violations, hazards and accidents are documented and addressed following legal requirements
- Oversee and participate in all phases of hiring, training, and employee performance assessment
- Lead the annual review process to support open and honest feedback on performance as well as robust growth plans for all employees; connect individuals with training & development opportunities to support their growth plan; ensure all training & development investments are directly linked to the needs of the business
- Foster an inclusive company culture and proactively address systems of inequality and oppression as they arise
- Track licenses, professional development credits, and completed training by employee and maintain a schedule of recertification needs
- Work with the GM and Team Leaders to address day-to-day issues as they arise including: education on and clarification of policies and procedures, safety violations and disciplinary actions
- Conduct and oversee the investigation, implementation and documentation of employee interactions issues and disciplinary actions
- Ensure the company’s legal exposure in relation to employment issues is minimized
- Conduct regular training with Hiring Teams regarding acceptable hiring practices
- Research and make recommendations on new or alternative benefits, as requested by the Board of Directors. Negotiate with carriers regarding rates, services, administration and coverage.
- Oversee and follow up on worker’s compensation claims with employee, manager, medical facility and insurance company, communicating information as needed.
Administrative Team Leader
- Oversee & coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Administrative Team.
- Provide direct leadership to team members.
- Collect and convey Administrative Team needs, progress and feedback to General Manager and other Team Leaders.
- Communicate management directives from GM to team members and works toward their successful implementation.
- In conjunction with the Administrative Team and General Manager, sets performance targets and priorities for the team.
- Develop and collect team metrics and reports them to General Manager.
- Conduct monthly check-ins and annual performance reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of Human Resources leadership experience;
- 2 to 3 years of HR Generalist experience
- Bachelor's' degree required
- Professional training in Human Resources Management required; SPHR (or equivalent) credential strongly preferred
- Experience creating inclusive environments or experience in anti-oppression or social justice work
- Highly collaborative work style; proven ability to synthesize the disparate views of your colleagues into holistic, aligned recommendations
- Strong, positive and clear written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to collaborate with people across all levels and functional areas
- Ability to recognize problems and propose fair, efficient and effective solutions
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities effectively and flex with the circumstances; precise attention to detail
- Ability to make compelling proposals and presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to exercise extreme diplomacy, sensitivity, compassion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and other commonly used software, including Internet and email
PV Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (in pdf format) with “Human Resources Manager & Admin Team Leader” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/20711?s=bc