Required Education Level:
Job Title: After School Program Coordinator
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for two primary duties: managing the after school and enrichment program at a specific high school, and leading district-wide technical assistance and promotional activities.
After school and enrichment program duties include program planning, operations, student recruitment, and year-round retention of students in after school programs. This person is NOT responsible for personally facilitating all of these clubs, but rather overseeing the team of adults who provide after school clubs at the school. This includes but is not limited to:
- Meeting minimum attendance unit requirements on a per club, per day basis to ensure full funding for all school site activities;
- Primary contact duties for all the after school programs at a high school;
- Plan and promote specific clubs and other after school opportunities at the school;
- Manage on-site program facilitators;
- Manage a group of youth leaders to assist with overall program oversight;
- Plan and promote school site events and competitions;
- Collect and execute after school program attendance including data entry on a weekly basis;
- Budget management for all school site activities;
- Promote programs to high school students in-person;
- Collect and organize information about after school programs throughout the city;
- Develop after school strategies for diverse settings, topics and youth;
- Manage proper implementation of Rescue after school branding and marketing techniques;
- Support the development of creative materials (with support from the creative department) to promote after school programs;
- Support other school programs as required;
- Other duties as required.
District-Wide Technical Assistance & Promotion:
These duties include leading contracted technical assistance services, client coordination and communication, facilitating the development of promotional items, and promotional event planning. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assist in organizing and conducting after school trainings for high school after school programs;
- Develop solutions to help clubs solve their unique challenges in program promotions;
- Leading multi-site adherence to contract requirements;
- Leading the planning, coordination and execution of a district-wide event;
- Facilitating the development and execution of various promotional items;
- Facilitating various promotional activities such as social media;
- Interface with client on a regular basis;
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 5 years relevant experience;
- Experience working directly with youth;
- Demonstrated knowledge, training and experience in after school programs;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience in the production and implementation of events and/or competitions;
- Experience maintaining positive working relationships with students, staff, parents, clients and the public;
- Ability to pass a background check;
- High attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Experience in client services.
Location: San Diego, CA
Status: Full-time Position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
Travel: Minimal travel outside of San Diego
Minimum Age: Must be 18 y/o or older
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer