Required Education Level:
Job Title: UX UI Developer
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
In support of Rescue's goals, the web and mobile team creates online experiences that inform and connect hundreds of thousands of youth nationwide. We help them discover information, interact with influencers, and bond with a vast community of their peers.
As a UX UI Developer on our web and mobile team, you will combine your extensive skills and expertise in user experience, interaction, and visual design to develop and maintain websites for various campaigns. In this role, you will apply your passion for user experience to inform design needs and development strategy, and collaborate with leaders of other design, ideation, and integrated strategy teams to champion innovation and top-notch techniques across many of Rescue's digital experiences and websites.
Come join a team of experienced creators driven by a common passion to create the very best web and mobile experiences for our clients.
The UX UI Developer reports to the Associate Director, Lead Web Developer. The job of the UX UI Developer entails activities pertaining to, but not limited to:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create UX solutions for web sites, including strategy decks, wireframes, flowcharts, and prototypes;
- Understand the behavior and motivations of our users through analytics data, competitive analysis, interviews, and A/B testing;
- Validate and iterate on your solutions through feedback sessions, testing, etc.;
- Partner with other Rescue teams, including our Integrated Marketing Strategies team, Brand Design, and Creative Ideation;
- Help champion and implement user-centered design methodologies across the creative teams;
- Adapt experiences to different audiences based on their needs and the devices they use (feature personalization, responsive design, accessibility, etc.);
- Create, organize, and share project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories;
- Engage in frequent feedback to raise the bar on quality through collaboration;
- Grow and contribute to team culture;
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED + 2 years relevant experience as a user experience designer, web designer, front end developer, information architect, interaction designer, or similar;
- Present portfolio of your past UI UX experience;
- Serious passion for user experience and development;
- Experience defining high-level strategy (the why) and creating design deliverables (the how) based on research;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of user-centered design principles;
- Capacity to provide clear direction and actionable feedback to team members;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated and strong initiative;
- Able to collaborate effectively in large multidisciplinary teams;
- Attention to detail and solid organization;
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude;
- Passion for behavior change and belief in Rescue's Core Values;
- PHP literacy;
- Experience in developing within CMSs, such as Drupal or WordPress;
- Experience with LESS and/or SASS;
- Experience with front end libraries such as jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, etc.;
- Non-tobacco-use is highly preferred because we only have tobacco-free environments and also to be consistent with our tobacco prevention campaign goals.
Location: San Diego, CA
Status: Full-time Position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com. All applicants must include links to an online portfolio or to direct examples of past work, where applicable. Applications without portfolio links will not be reviewed.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer