Required Education Level:
Job Title: Web Development Intern
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Web Development Intern with experience in basic HTML/CSS and related responsibilities. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change, a history of complex problem solving, and is capable of working in a fast-paced agency setting.
- Contribute as a team member to various assignments and projects;
- Entering content into sites;
- QA team member work;
- Pulling Assets from PSD’s;
- Assist with website modifications and enhancements and provide technical support;
- Actively participate in the review of scope;
- Identifying and log defects;
- Verify bug fixes.
- High School Diploma/GED;
- Ability to creatively apply technology to solve problems;
- Ability to complete assignments that involve analyzing requirements, designing, and implementing a solution with guidance;
- Ability to use a photo editing tool;
- Attention to detail;
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks typical of an entry-level web developer position.
- Knowledge of PHP, Wordpress, and Drupal is a plus;
- Experience with Angular;
- Experience with Laravel or other MVC frameworks;
- Non-tobacco-use is highly preferred because we only have tobacco-free environments and also to be consistent with our tobacco prevention campaign goals.
Location: San Diego, CA
Status: Part-time Position
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com. All applicants must include links to an online portfolio or to direct examples of past work, where applicable. Applications without portfolio links will not be reviewed.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer