Required Education Level:
Job Title: Area Operations Manager
UncommonGoods is an online retailer that offers creatively designed, high-quality merchandise. We proudly serve as one of the founding members of the B Corporation, a carefully screened network of socially responsible businesses. Our team is comprised of friendly, fun and hard-working people who all work towards the same goal: to be our team member’s favorite place to work and our customer’s favorite place to shop.
We are looking for a talented Area Operations Manager to keep our operation running smoothly and in balance by staffing the department appropriately and motivating our team to achieve peak quality, efficiency, and overall performance.
- Lead and supervise a team of 10+ operations supervisors/team leaders and up to 200+ hourly associates in the fulfillment center.
- Responsible for the overall safety, productivity, quality, budget and customer experience of the shift.
- Responsible for planning and managing daily workload, staffing, opening and closing.
- Continuously improve operations by creating sustainable and innovative processes that will produce consistent and high-quality results.
- Engage and partner with peers to spur interdepartmental process improvements.
- Mentor, train and develop your direct reports for career progression and learning.
- Ability to develop and share best practices.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or higher
- 2+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Proven ability to supervise and lead team members while working effectively as part of our management team
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean/5S techniques
- Ability to identify opportunities, find solutions, execute plans, and evaluate results critically
- Proven ability to create and lock down sustainable, repeatable processes
- Proven ability to collect and analyze data to drive business decision
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Company Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package, including health and dental insurance
- Stock options
- Up to 100% education/certification reimbursement
- Casual work atmosphere
- Monthly Company snacks, lunches, and team events!
Sound like a good fit? Please submit the following:
- Cover letter describing the most complex operation and/or project that you have managed well and a specific success you have had in developing other people
To Apply : http://grnh.se/1kxpe71